Thursday 16 February 2012

Soft Chewy Caramel Fudge

I have a killer sweet tooth, I can't help myself, particularly when it comes to this fudge. I make it a lot for gifts and always get rave reviews. Enjoy!



Ingredients:
125g butter
395g tin sweetened condensed milk
2 Tbsp golden syrup
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup good white chocolate

Method:
1. Melt the butter in a medium saucepan, then add to it the condensed milk, golden syrup, and brown sugar.
2. Stir over a low heat until it comes to the boil, then simmer for 11-12 minutes stirring slowly and constantly (simmer for 9-10 minutes for a more traditional fudge consistency).
3. Remove from heat and stir in the white chocolate.
4. Pour into a prepared tin lined with baking paper. Allow to cool. Refrigerate for 2 hours.

It doubles nicely for all the piggys out there, of which I am a proud member. Hope you love it as much as I do

No comments:

Post a Comment